December Decorations-Ornaments

This is a pretty simple project. I love my Apartment Christmas tree! But it was looking a little bare in the ornament department. I've never really had my own Christmas tree so I haven't been actively looking for ornaments. The only ones that I have that really have some significance are these little mini ornaments I picked up while I was in Germany in 2006. They're probably about 1" tall so not very big. I have a special connection to those from my childhood and my Grammy. And I have a few bigger ornaments but it still looked empty to me. I was going through my craft supplies and came across some odds and ends that I thought I could use for my tree.

The idea here is that you can get creative with your decorations. I used to make frames from Popsicle sticks and hot glued pictures I took of my family to the back, and decorated with scrap ribbon . I don't know how my brain knows how to take random materials like that and turn them into something new but it does, and I love doing it! So if you're on a budget, don't go out and spend money on meaningless decorations. Find what you have around the house, and see what you can make!


 This was something I bought when I was serving as a missionary for the LDS church in the Nevada Las Vegas West mission. I think it was a keychain at first? I used some craft wire (a friend of mine gave me tons of craft wire for free because she was moving and didn't want to take it with here) to make it into a tree ornament :) It's a reminder to me of the 18 months I served as a missionary for the Lord.


 This was also something I got as a missionary. My last name is Muse, and when people would see "Sister Muse" on my missionary tag, a lot of them would pronounce it as "Moose". I thought it was hilarious since it was a common nickname among my friends growing up. I think it's probably a reindeer but in my mind it's always been a Moose! It used to have an actual string on it because it is a Christmas ornament but the string broke a while ago so I hot glued some heavy craft wire to the back.


The two red things are from a broken bracelet my mom bought me from Hobby Lobby. We got the bracelet out of this huge bin. It almost looked like someone had made a bunch of these during one of their crafting classes and then decided they didn't want them because they were all a little different. The flower came from the front of a journal my mom also bought for me. It was too bulky on the front of the journal but it looks great hanging on my tree! More craft wire to make the loops.

Have fun and be creative!


Comments

Popular Posts