May Leather Bow Bracelet


I've seen these leather bow bracelets on Pinterest and thought they were super cute! I happened to have a leather purse from Target that I tried to resurrect several times because I loved it so much but I put a lot of wear on my purses so it didn't last long. As a result, I cut out any usable part of the purse to use for this project. There are tons of links to find on Pinterest so I will just post this link for you to see some suggestions on different ways:
http://www.imaginativebloom.com/2011/09/15/10-diy-bracelet-tutorials-the-most-fashionable/

For mine, I followed the same basic principles. I measured my chubby wrist and cut the bow shape out from the leather. I used an old mustard colored shirt to make the center of the bow. I am in love with this color combination and pretty much neutral combos of any kind right now. 



For the back I picked out a button and cut a small piece of brown ribbon and sewed both ends onto the back of the leather to make a loop. Make sure you test out the size of the loop before sewing it in because if it's too big then the button will slide right through. If it's too small then the button won't fit.



As I mentioned before, the purse was rather worn which is why the bracelet is a little rough looking but I kind of like that. This is super easy to do and you can do it too! Have fun!

Comments

Popular Posts