December Decorations-Reversible Letters



Click here for instructions on how I made these or copy and paste the link: http://themusegirlyearofpinterest.blogspot.com/2014/11/november-seasonal-decorating.html

I "upgraded" the letters by buying mini easels for them. I found some at a craft store on sale for $1 each. I thought at first I might paint the easels but I don't mind and actually like them with the natural wood look. I had to hot glue the back stand in place because they kept slipping and knocking my letters over. Believe me, it got super annoying! It was like a domino effect! When one fell, it knocked the others over too!

Nothing much else to add but you can see what it looks like with the added easels and with Christmas decorations :) Here are some misc pictures of my decorations including my nativity collection I just started:

These little china figurines were given to me from my Grammy. They've been in her family for a little bit because my mom said she used to play with them when she was little, and I remember playing with them. I'm surprised they're still intact! I love them so much. I always liked the purple girl more. I thought her hair was so pretty, and her muff was fancy.


 I got this on my mission in Las Vegas in 2008 from the Harrington family. They invited Sister Wooters and I over for dinner, and to spend the evening with their family. It was a very sweet and spiritual few hours. They gave us each a mini nativity where the figures are only about 1 1/2" tall.




This set was a surprise because my dad actually picked it out for me. I had left my winter coat in his truck when we went to Arizona for Thanksgiving to visit my brother and his new wife. My parents live about 3 hours away from me so I wasn't planning to see them anytime before Christmas. They were nice enough to mail me the jacket but it came in a much bigger box than I expected, and that's because this really cute nativity set was also in the box. I thought my mom picked it out for me so I texted her thank you for the coat and the nativity but she said Dad picked it out for me. I called him, and said how much I loved it. He said it looked like me, and it totally does!

Nothing significant about this one per se because I don't even remember why or where this came from but I think it's beautiful.


Most of this was for a bored reader but it's a good way for me to do my journal-ing :) Hope you had a Merry Christmas!


Comments

Popular Posts